Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Srikrishna Science Centre
SriKrishna Science Centre is a resourceful museum at Patna, exciting every learner of various principles of Science to learn of the practical and easy manner. It is situated of the Southe Eastern part of Gandhi Maidan and Dr. Sri Krishna Singh’s name was given to this centre as he was the first chief minister of Bihar.
OnApril 14, 1978 this resourceful museumSrikrishna Science Centre was commission and then Bihar State Minister for Education, Shri Thakur Prasad Singh inaugurated it. This is primarily established for education to function as part of the National Council of Science Museums, which is an independent unit to function under the Culture Ministry of the Government of India. This Science Centre has been set up with the overall objective of benefiting the public,particularly the College and school students.
The Ground floor houses the Fun Science Gallery with many scientific instruments which demonstrate the Scientific principle of a simple manner. Energy ball demonstration is held at one corner showing the conversion of one form of energy into other. There are otherother interesting demonstrations which include Organ pipes, Magic Tap, Curving Train & infinite Train, Lazy tubes, Momentum multiplier, Illusive sphere , etc. A workshop and a conference hall are also provided of the ground floor.
The First Floor is divided into many sections, Mirror section on the Right side corridor Ocean Life section next to it, depicting several aspects of ocean life. The rest of the items of the first floor have items to explain variousScientific principles, such as Bernoulli's principle etc. There are exhibitions on Human evolution of one corner of this floor. First floor has also an Auditorium.
The second floor is earmarked for Evolution of life on Earth, explained through pictures, models and diagrams.
3-D Show is another feature of this museum centre, which is organised every 2 hours during the day. The show goes for about20 minutes and spectators need to obtain a separate ticket for viewing it.
A dinosaur park is another attraction of the center of which Life size dinosaur models with forest background are exhibited.
A small cafeteria facilitates visitors to the campus with meals and snacks. Visitors can also take rest of the peaceful setup of a garden of the premises
- Science Gallery for fun of the Ground Floor explains as to how wonders ofPhysics and Maths using fifty easy-to-understand exhibits.
- Popular Science Gallery of the first floor is the place where a number of interactive models have been kept to make the science fun and easy to learn subject.
- Vishvaroopa exhibition of the first floor discloses the biodiversity concepts relating it to Indian mythology of an interesting manner.
- 3D Show of the first floor enables one tofeel the effect of science as the objects sprout out of the screen and amaze them with a virtual reality feeling.
- Evolution exhibits of the second floor spells out of an interactive model, the wonders of solar system and how the evolution process occurs of the earth.
- Oceans gallery of the first floor explains the richness that is hidden of the depth of the oceans .Science
- Park is the location which the children wouldlove and enjoy the nature and about forty park exhibits make children enjoy and learn.
- Jurassic Park is another gallery whereDinosaurs in the form of life size models roamabout.
- Indian Scientists gallery gives information about some of the great Indian Scientists.
How to Reach
One can reach Patna by road, rail and by air as this destination is well connected through all the channels.
By Road, it is approachable through National Highway No.31 which passes through Dinapur, Patna and Patna City. UPSRTC runs buses, while roads are well maintained for a car drive.
By Rail, Patna lies of the main line of the Eastern Railway three railway lines running across the district from north to south viz., the Patna Gaya Branch line, the Bakhtiarpur-Rajgir Branch lineand theFatwah-Islampur Light Railway line.
By Air, Patna Airport is connected to Kolkata and Delhi and a few other places by Daily flights.
Timings and Ticket Prices
The Centre is open for public from 10.30 am to 5.00 pm on all days of the year, except on two holidays, namely Independence Day and Republic Day. The entrance fee is Rs 10.