Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Science City Jalandhar
The science city is situated of the city of Kapurthala of the state of Punjab that is the heart of this state and has been established with the aim to enhance the growth potential as well as the capitalist spirit among the people of Punjab. The basic mission of this science city is to enhance the popularity of science by way of “edutainment” means education as well as entertainment. This city has been established over the land of an area of about 72 acres on the highway of Jalandhar-Kapurthala. This project is being considered as one of the biggest project of such type of the country. The intension of this project is to upgrade the creativity as well as imagination, creating the spirit of investigation and exploration especially of the minds of the young generation. This Pushpa Gujral Science City is being considered as one of the exclusive place that offers entertainment along with the process of learning for each and every family. This science city is the amalgamation of inquisitiveness, learning as well as enjoyment. This science city provides the material for every one irrespective of age, profession, education or social background.
The association of this science city has been developed by the amalgamation of various famous and top ranking scientists through out India for the creation of various galleries and various collections of the exhibitions. It is also the matter of praise for this science city that former President of India Professor APJ Abdul Kalam remained the Chief Patron of this science city. Prof. Yash Pal Padma Bhushan is famous as the Indian Carl Sagan is also the Patron of this city.
The name of this science city as “Pushpa Gujral Science City” has been derived from the name of Inder Kumar Gujral who was our 13th PM of India and the inauguration of this city was done of 2005 by Punjab’s Governor Lt. Gen (retd) S.F Rodrigues. This project is running by the joint undertaking of the Indian Government as well as the government of Punjab state and is situated on the highway of Jalandhar-Kapurthala.
Mission and Objectives
- Eenhancement of recognized science learning, to create exhilaration among the scholars regarding technology and science and to motivate them build up their careers of the fields of technology and science.
- STRATEGY: To develop the galleries along with the exhibits that is interactive and provides minds-on as well as hands-n experiences.
- To endorse imaginations and modernism among the youths of modern generation.
- STRATEGY: Association of Science Festival: (November) for the scholars. Inno-tech of March for the students of engineering students. Promotion of the Techno Entrepreneurs by development of science Hub of Regional Incubation.
- Enhancement of the scientific humor among the general people and to create the society that should be well informed and full of knowledge.
The main attraction of this science city is the Egyptian mummy. The son-of-law of the 6th Nizam of Hyderabad named as Nizam Mahboob Ali khan brought this mummy and gifted this mummy to the last Nizam named Mir Osman Ali Khan. As per the records Mehboob Ali might have brought this mummy for about 1000 pounds.
- Amazing Living Machine
- Basic Science Gallery (Dynmomotion Gallery)
- Biotechnology Gallery
- Climate Change Theatre (Climatarium)
- Conventional Hall
- Defense Trophies
- Digital Planetarium Show
- Dinosaurs Park
- Earthquake Simulator
- Energy Education Awareness Park
- Flight Simulator
- Gardens (Botanical Journey)
- HIV / AIDS Awraness Gallery
- LASER Show
- Panorama - Life Through The Ages
- Science of Sports Gallery
- Space and Aviation Gallery
- Space Theatre (Giant Dome Screen)
- Virtual Reality and Cyber Space Gallery
Giant Dome Theatre
There is the giant dome shaped building that is used as theatre for the film projection covering the area of about 23 Meters having the ability to incapacitate about 325 people. On the semi circular screen of this theater generally 70 mm films such as IMAX are being shown that generally swoop above, behind and beside the images produced so as to provide immiscible experience. All the films displayed here are dubbed of Hindi. GOTO Inc of Japan supplies the projection system of 15/70.
How to Reach
This science city is situated near about 15 Km from Jalandhar and about 5Km from Kapurthala on the Jalandhar-Kapurthala highway. One can reach through air, rail and road.
The nearest air port for boarding plane is the Raja Sansi Airport of Amritsar that is about 80 KMS from this science city providing both national as well as international flights. The other air port is the Chandigarh Airport that is about 160 Kms from this science city for only domestic flights.
The nearest railway station from this city is the Jalandhar Railway Station connecting Amritsar and Delhi by Shatabdai Express that is the popular fastest train of India. This railways station is about 17Kms from this center.
A great number are being plied between Kapurthala and Jalandhar highway that can drop you on the gate of this science city. One can also hire taxis for this PGSC from Kapurthala as well as Jalandhar.The charge of taxi from the railway station of Jalandhar is about Rs.500.00.
Timings and Ticket Prices
The opening time of this city is from 09:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and remained open whole year round for 365 days. The last entry time is 5.00pm.