Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Naval Aviation Museum India Vasco Da Gama
The Naval Aircraft Collection is an army museum located at Bogmalo, six kms through Goa, Native indian Vasco da Gama. This museum displays the progress of Native Naval Air Indian Arm over decades. The museum has been divided of 2 main parts, outdoor display and indoor collection 2-storeyed. The Collection was inaugurated on Oct 1998 and is 2Military Aircraft Museums at Native indian, other being Native Indian Air Force Collection, Delhi Palam.
This Naval Airplane Art gallery recognized of Oct' year 1998 is only one type of whole of Japan. Perhaps, it not obtained the advertising it appropriately should get and hence stayed unvisited and hidden by Goans.
Situated on top of level looking over the extensive field of Arabian Sea and from see the Bogmalo Seaside, Naval Airplane Art gallery is separated into two segments, one is out-door of start air and other that is located of the house.
As one goes into the Primary Checkpoint, one is accepted by site of the large 'Super Constellation' status like sentinels maintaining a wrist observe over the whole position. This Airplane was first used by Native Indian airline carriers for moving passengers; later on it was approved on to the Air Power for use as a transportation art. Thereafter the Deep blue obtained the same from Air Power and until now can be found of their legal care, though it is de-commissioned. As you stroll into outside area of museum you are accepted on the remaining by show of various Airplane like Sea Hawk, Chopper motor, Sealand Aircrafts motor and old Flame Engine used by Deep blue blue of beginning 50's.
The outside display is large recreation area that guests can stroll through and see decommissioned airplane that saw assistance with the Deep blue. Some of you go returning before the Forties. A little reduce also shows various airplane.
A complete of 13 airplanes is on show.
- Short Sealand Mk 2 - 106IN is only remaining example of Indian and 3 known remaining Sealands of world! The Sealand was first airplane kind to be inducted after organization of Directorate of Naval Aircraft of year 1953. They were removed of year 1965.
- Fairey Firefly TT Mk1-112 of is only remaining example of Indian of the English carrier-borne WW2-era martial artist as well as anti-submarine airplane and was obtained of 55 May for focus on hauling requirements.
- HAL HT-2 - BX 748 -The Deep blue used HT-2 main instructors from year 1956 till 1964. The present example on show had IAF marks.
- de Havilland Vampire T-55 - of 149. The two seater T55 version of Creature of night was obtained of 1957 Sept to practice naval airmen at Jet airplane before Deep blue blue inducted Sea Hawks.
- Hawker Sea Hawk FGA Mk 100 - of 234. -Sea Hawks joined assistance along with INS Vikrant, first India's Aircraft assistance provider and provided for 2 years before it got changed through Sea Harriers.
- Breguet Alizé - of 202. -Alize was Navy's first service provider centered Anti - Boat and Historic Monitoring (ASM) airplane and joined assistance of 1961.
- de Havilland Dove - of 124. Dove was obtained from Native indian Air Power of year 1965 to substitute Brief Sealand and was being removed.
- IN 475 HAL Chetak - joined assistance along with the INS Vikrant during year 1961 as Look for and Save (SAR) chopper.
- Hughes Hu-300 - of 083. Gaines Hu300 2 seater choppers got inducted during the year 1971 and for the ab-initio exercising of chopper aviators and removed of mid Nineteen-eighties.
- Westland Sea King Mk 42. - of 505 got obtained of year 1970 for meeting up with an Anti - Boat Combat part of Deep blue.
- Lockheed L1049G Super Constellation - of 315. center of attention among outside displays, L-1049G Lockheed was initially sent to Air Indian of 1955 and known as "Rani of Ellora". It was moved to Native indian Air Power of year 1961, and then on Naval Air Arm of year 1976 and lastly outdated of year 1983.
- Kamov Ka-25 - of 573. Ka-25, requested of year 1980 basically for the Anti-Submarine Combat (ASW) along with additional surveillance and Look for and Save (SAR) responsibilities.
- Sea Harrier FRS.51 - of 621. The individual Sea Harrier at show was provided of year 1991 and got centered both on INS Vikrant and INS Viraat.
Inside, visitors would read as well as learn regarding key fights the Native indian Air as well as Naval causes have attended. The inside collection is separated into special bedrooms specific for certain subject. Some of are 'armament', and show army weaponry are connected to submarines as well as ships; 'attire' and they show the development of clothing used by members of Native indian air along with naval causes over years, among others. Also on show are unusual and classic pictures and records that show important times of Naval Aircraft History through 1959 forward. One collection also maintains large replications of INS Vikrant along with INS Viraat. Additionally, Another collection maintains a variety of weaponry, torpedoes, receptors and cannons used through Native indian Deep blue.
How to Reach
The Art gallery can be found on naval property adjacent the Southern sides of the Dabolim Terminal, at Bogmalo Street near Nationwide Street 17.
Timings and Ticket Prices
Admission to Naval Aircraft Art gallery expenses 20 Rupees for grownups. Camcorders are permitted, and would be billed independently. The museum is start on all days through 10:00am till 5:00pm, except on Monday on when is shut. This was all about the Naval Aviation Museum (India), Vasco da Gama and you should definitely check out this gallery