Search Indian Maps, Pincodes, Local Info and more...
Goa Chitra Museum
Goa Chitra Museum
is an art gallery of former Colonial community (and now India's tiniest state) of Goa. It comprises of huge selection -- over more than 4000 artifacts concentrating on Goa's conventional agricultural technological innovation and way of life.
Goa Chitra is of the seaside Benaulim Goan town. It was established (2010) through artist- restorer-curator Victor-Hugo Gomes. Mumbai Time Out have described art gallery as Goa's most wonderful attractions" adds that little non-urban complicated homes a huge number of conventional utilizes, veins and resources that progressed over hundreds of years of agricultural heartland of Goa of assistance of gardening and other conventional trades".
Goa Chitra -‘a combination of Goa- state and Chitra significance images is honor by its creator to his forefathers and way of way of life. of previous times, people resided a way of life close to land, using the age-old knowledge approved down through years which today are termed as an alternative living way.
It is a venture to market attention and admiration of traditional agricultural way of life, eco-friendly technique used and create understanding and concern for surroundings of Goan younger generation.
Goa Chitra, ethnographic art gallery, serves a selection of utilizes that would be fast vanishing of modern economic system, enabling visitors to learn about way of life of previous days.
The art gallery is set against the back fall of natural village, and environments emphasize the customs of previous times.
Goa Chitra considers of re-energizing age old customs through art gallery display along with outreach applications thus enabling young people to discuss the knowledge of past which would otherwise irretrievably lost. It will make attention about characteristics, its impacts, along with benefits on the human lifestyle.
As organization/institution this sets and completes limited objectives and actions to make a treatment atmosphere, enhance health and energy and creating a person's own lifestyle improving applications targeted at creating a more enlightening atmosphere.
Aims and Objectives
- To display the wealthy custom of utilizes, resources, artistry, designs. This history makes obvious that our forefathers have been self sufficient with materials and they procured from their environment.
- To familiarize visitors with the eco-friendly natural technology that managed the balance with natural environment.
- To protect and display conventional utilizes and resources on supposition that art gallery will engender attention and admiration of past customs, enabling people and become aware origins and take pleasure of their wealthy origins.
- To papers the various utilizes of their social perspective to verify resources and understand their genesis.
- To store the customs related to utilize and associated with traditions before they get delivered outdated.
- Restoring farming techniques through conventional natural gardening and implementing such techniques to research ground infertility and plants development.
- Ensuring the maintenance of these conventional types of concepts. One opportunity to goal is motivating younger people for take up and continue this art types by revealing them for their history.
- Development and advertising of art types comprises other means through which Goan lifestyle can managed and ongoing.
- Archiving of the Goa's social history through information, books, pictures, handcraft, electronic files, outfits, musical technology equipment, relics and dental history, and that information of customs that would die out are documented.
- Promoting the persons doing arts; to motivate troupes, where necessary and put together more practiced performance and that they can increase their viewers.
Goa Chitra's collection includes illustrations of local ceramic, gardening resources, musical technology equipment, historical golf trolleys and palanquins -- from various points of past. It also features an organic village for growth of various vegetables, spices, herbs, sugarcane, and feed -- all basics of area of seaside European Indian.
The Art gallery houses a number of displays illustrating the content lifestyle of Goa before the power era.
The displays on show are associated with non-urban deals and natural skills. The agricultural area features conventional, farming utilizes shown according to their different functions. The relics on show consists of tillage utilizes, planting resources, intercultural function resources, growing, cutting, trimming and labels utilizes, post-harvest resources and utilizes, plants handling resources and utilizes, watering resources and utilizes, Crop protection utilizes.
Further the entire area is devoted for storage utilizes of different content like steel and wooden. Grain and fluid measures and different types of loads and machines used through grocery stores are on the show. Since our forefathers had romantic organization with creatures a area is devoted to utilizes used on the draught animal.
Walking through the paragraphs you can find Ancient method of transportation where amazing golf trolleys, palanquin, carriages and caderin are on show.
Besides farming other deals are on display. A range of resources used by craftsmen, goldsmiths, tailors, barbers, cobblers, blacksmith and masons are on the show. Importance is for details, and one shall see resources used through masons who had designed rock.
There is an individual area which displays household and important Goan designs, like ceramic, stick perform and weaving along with rock perform. Kitchen utilizes of the wooden and steel take the lot of space with consideration given to utility.
Surprises always hide around every corner as this Implement used for enjoyment activities such as tracking and conventional games and musical technology equipment are of view.
Since museum is commitment to forefathers and the entry to museum represents the spiritual accessories along with Catholic as well as Hindu belief.
How to Reach
Goa Chitra is situated at-
Benaulim, at Baptist cathedral street,
St. David Mondo-Waddo,
Salcete Benaulim, Goa - 403716 India.
Timings and Ticket Prices
Working times and Timings: Goa Chitra is start all times except on Monday, between the 9.00 a.m till 6.00 p.m.
Entry Fees: Adults- Rs. 100/-,
University children- Rs. 30/- and
Higher education Students- Rs. 50/-.
There are team discount rates on before booking.